The Law Offices of Ronis & Ronis
First admitted to practice law in 1972, attorney Jan Ronis has 38 years experience handling criminal defense matters. He has an extensive national practice in a number of federal district courts in addition to his practice in California. Over the course of his legal career, he has taken over 300 cases to jury trials. Mr. Ronis is one of the most well known and highly respected lawyers in the criminal defense community. He has handled large and serious criminal cases across the nation.
In 1977, the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization certified Jan Ronis as a specialist in criminal law. He was recently honored at the California State Bar Convention for 30 years of specialization. He is also a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review AV Rated Attorney*—the highest recognition possible for a lawyer to receive from his or her peers.
In addition to his work as an attorney, Jan Ronis has discussed criminal cases as a featured guest commentator on CNN, Court TV, ABC, and Fox News Network including appearances on Bill O’Reilly and Larry King Live. Visit Jan’s media page for additional information on his presence in the criminal legal community and past successful cases >>
- J.D, California Western School of Law, 1971
- B.A., University of San Diego, 1968
- California State Bar, 1972
- California Board of Legal Specialization, 1977
- Federal District Courts in 11 states and Puerto Rico
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- California Bar Association
- South Bay Bar Association, former president
- San Diego County Bar Association, former vice president and member of the board of directors
Contact Jan Ronis
Need the assistance of a certified specialist in criminal law? Attorney Jan Ronis has defended hundreds of clients in state and federal jury trials. Contact us today for a free initial consultation. We are conveniently located near the federal and state courthouses of San Diego.